To be the agency of excellence in the sustainable management of tropical forest.
To sustain ably manage and develop the forest resources and optimize their contributions to national socio-economic
- To manage the forest resources sustain ably for the continuous production of forest goods and services and their optimum utilization, compatible with environmental requirements.
- To increase the supply of forest goods and services through appropriate forestry activities that enhances the quality, productivity and utilization of the forest resources.
- To further develop appropriate environmentally sound technology for the conservation, management and utilization of the forest resources.
- To conserve and protect the forests biological diversity, water and soil, and their sustainable utilization.
- To increase the quality and efficiency of the forest-based processing mills and enhance higher value added downstream activities.
- To strengthen human resource development (HRD) to support the forestry sector.<
- To improve public awareness on the environmental and conservational roles of forests through education and dissemination of information.
- To increase the forestry sector’s contribution to national income, foreign exchange earnings and employment opportunities.